Our Department has a faculty core whose strengths, productivity and qualifications are outstanding. Over the past 3 years alone, faculty members produced a total of 42 publications and made 73 professional presentations. They have been influential in the field as editors, journal referees, and editorial board members. From "Text and Translation Prize" to Kemper, Mortar Board, Steeples, Teaching Excellence, Provost's International Award, Fulbright, and an Honor Brick at the Plaza of Heroines, faculty members have won awards for publication, for teaching, and for service. They have written successful grant proposals to various external agencies that brought $2,283,048 to KU.
- Shawn Alexander, Ph.D. (UMass-Amherst).
- Tony Bolden, Ph.D. (Louisiana State).
- Naima Boussofara, Ph. D. (Texas).
- Yacine Daddi Addoun, Ph. D. (York).
- Arthur Drayton, Ph. D. (London). Professor Emeritus
- Bryant Freeman, Ph. D. (Yale). Professor Emeritus
- Jessica Gerschultz, Ph.D. (Emory).
- Jacob Gordon, Ph. D. (Michigan). Professor Emeritus
- Jennifer Hamer, Ph.D. (Texas-Austin).
- Majid Hannoum, Ph.D. (Princeton).
- Randal Jelks, Ph.D. (Michigan State).
- Clarence Lang, Ph.D. (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign).
- Elizabeth MacGonagle, Ph. D. (Michigan State).
- Beverly Mack, Ph. D. (Wisconsin-Madison).
- Peter Ojiambo Ph. D. (Ohio).
- Dorthy Pennington, Ph. D. (Kansas).
- Peter Ukpokodu, Ph. D. (Kansas).